POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human Figures? : Human Figures? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Human Figures?
From: FrogRay
Date: 8 Jan 2007 01:10:01
Message: <web.45a1def586b9393cec780c250@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I am wanting to create reasonably realistic human figures to include in my
pov-ray scenes.  By realistic I mean that the proportions of limbs and body
are correct - I'm not too worried (at this stage) about fine details such
as face, hair fingernails, etc.

I am using a program called Art Of Illusion which has quite a good mesh
modelling tool.

What I am wondering is whether it is worth the time and effort to use a
mesh-modeller such as AOI or whether I would be better off purchasing
something like POSER.

Has anyone had much success with AOI ? (I don't think I've seen it
mentioned)

Also, I have heard that you don't own the copyright to your own
objects/models created with POSER.
Can someone please confirm or clarify this for me?

Thanks Heaps.